The Canadian Respiratory Health Professionals (CRHP) was conceptualized in November 2004 as the multidisciplinary successor to the Canadian Nurses Respiratory Society, Canadian Physiotherapy Cardio-Respiratory Society and The Respiratory Therapy Society. Since 2005, the CRHP has been advising the Canadian Lung Association on scientific matters and programs, including policies regarding support for research and professional education where it relates to health professionals with an interest in respiratory care.
CRHP administers a research and fellowship program which is funded by the Lung Association.
Our mission is to engage health care professionals and to provide national leadership to achieve:
- the promotion of lung health
- the prevention of lung disease
- the management of lung disease
- facilitation of interprofessional collaboration
- knowledge generation (research) knowledge translation (education and dissemination)
The CRHP advises the Lung Association on:
- scientific programs
- professional education
- public education
Leadership Council for 2012-2013:
- Chair: Dina Brooks, PT - ON
- Past Chair: Rodel Padua, RT - AB
- Membership: Kathy F. Spurr, RT - NS
- Advocacy: Sarah Sokoluk, RN, SK
- Liaison : Diane Conley, RT - AB
- Research: Mika Nonoyama, RT - ON
- Information and Dissemination : Scotty Butcher, PT - SK
CRHP holds an Annual General Meeting in conjunction with the Canadian Respiratory Conference. To request a copy of the AGM Minutes or the Annual Report to Members, please email email@example.com.