This election, vote for action on lung health!
When you vote remember:
- 6 million Canadians – 1 in every 5 – suffer from asthma, COPD, lung cancer, or another respiratory disease
- Every 20 minutes one Canadian dies from lung disease
- Air pollution causes 21,000 premature deaths every year
- Canada has one of the highest rates of asthma in the world
- Since 2000 COPD mortality rates for women have risen at double the rate of breast cancer
- Tuberculosis rates among Aboriginal people are more than 25 times higher than those of other people born in Canada
- Lung disease is the leading cause of emergency room visits by children
- In 2007, lung disease cost our economy over $154 billion in direct and indirect costs
During this federal election, The Lung Association needs your help in getting the message out to major political parties that it is time for action on lung health.
It only takes a minute to get involved – and by doing so you can help make the fight against lung disease a key issue in this campaign!