As the world starts to reopen, it can be easy to jump back into life. But it’s important to remember that the pandemic is not quite over. There are still many Canadians who have not been vaccinated against COVID-19 and there are still safety guidelines we have to obey.
We all want to hug our loved ones, high five our friends and laugh together. But we still have to be careful. Here are some quick tips to keep in mind when it comes to the COVID-19 vaccination.
- When eligible, book your appointment for your first or second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Get the type of COVID-19 vaccine that’s readily available to you.
- Avoid any other vaccines two weeks prior to your COVID-19 shot and 28 days after. This includes the flu shot.
- Speak with your healthcare provider if you have concerns or questions about the vaccine.
- Keep yourself and those around you safe by following safety measures and advice of public health officials.
We have plenty of helpful resources, information and links available at www.lung.ca/covid19 to help you navigate this situation and answer your questions.
We’re almost there! #GiveItYourBestShot and keep yourself and those around you healthy.