Your gas stove top or oven is usually one of the most important appliances in the home as it is used to cook and bake various items. Take the necessary steps to ensure these appliances are maintained and used properly.
- Have your gas appliances inspected annually.
- If you suspect a problem, have your appliances serviced immediately.
- When cooking, use a hood exhaust fan that is vented outdoors. The best fans are "blower fans" (which look like hamster wheels) because they move more air than "impeller fans" (which look more like airplane propellers).
- Never use your gas stove or oven to heat your home.
- Some individuals may not be able to tolerate the emissions from a gas stove, so an electric stove may be the best option and also provides peace of mind about leaking gases.
Tour More Rooms
Rate Your Air Quality IQ
How will you score on your AQIQ. See what you can do to make your home safer and healthier. Click here to take the quiz.