To strengthen lung research in Canada and make a real difference in the lives of those affected by lung disease, the Canadian Lung Association has developed the National Respiratory Research Strategy.
The mission of the National Respiratory Research Strategy is to provide national leadership for research, training, network and knowledge translation programs to promote the prevention and treatment of respiratory diseases and enhance the health of all Canadians.
Together with our partners, we will work together to achieve our mission by:
- Establishing a well-resourced national research infrastructure
- Nurturing a new generation of researchers
- Supporting and leveraging new knowledge, innovation and expertise
- Evaluating, synthesizing and disseminating existing evidence
- Facilitating the implementation of innovative best practices across jurisdictions
- Measuring and reporting on the impact of respiratory diseases in Canada