Who's at Risk
Who Is at Risk for Hantavirus Infection?
People who are often near places where rodents live have a higher risk of infection. This includes:
- People who live in houses, cottages or camps where rodents are living
- Campers, hikers and outdoor lovers who often visit areas with rodents
- People who clean barns, sheds/outbuildings or other grain storage areas where rodents are likely to live
- Electricians, plumbers, home inspectors or others who work in crawl spaces
- Pest control workers, wildlife researchers or other people who handle wild rodents