HOW TO USE YOUR BREEZHALER
About the Breezhaler
The Breezhaler is used as a maintenance treatment for asthma in adults. It is NOT intended to be used as a "rescue" inhaler.
The Breezhaler capsules contain three different medicinal ingredients: a long-acting beta2 agonist (LABA), a long-acting muscarinic antagonist (LAMA) and an inhaled corticosteroid.
This information is meant to help you use your Breezhaler inhaler. If you require more information about the medication itself, please speak to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.
Using your Breezhaler
- Remove the cap.
- Hold the base of the inhaler and tilt the mouthpiece to open it up.
- Place the capsule into the chamber.
- To open the capsules, peel back foil on flat side of blister strip, exposing one capsule at a time. The capsules are sensitive to heat and light
- Close the mouthpiece until you hear it click.
- Hold inhaler upright, press both blue buttons together once and release.
- Blow out all the air from your lungs.
- Tilt chin up slightly.
- Seal lips around the mouthpiece.
- Breathe in rapidly.
- Take device out of mouth.
- Hold breath for 5-10 seconds.
- Breathe out.
- Repeat steps 6-12.
- Throw empty capsule into the garbage
- Close cap.
- Wash hands immediately.